Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Stila is no more in Malaysia

So the local Stila counters have started this drastic clearance sale (50 - 70% discount on EVERYTHING - brushes, sets...all of it) since Sunday (I heard). And I went to the one in 1 Utama to check out the madness.

The only thing I know about Stila is that it was founded by Jeanine Lobell, who is also Mrs Anthony Edwards, the guy who played Dr Mark Greene in the first 8 years of E.R. (who, quite frankly, is my only reason I bothered to watch the show back in the day, and not for Clooney like anyone else).

Read here to find out the situation better than I could explain it. All I get is that Stila is only going to sell mainly in the US from here on out.

I didn't really stock up or borong anything or anything like that as I've not been buying their stuff for quite a while now anyway (last thing I bought was their stick concealer, which I'm now using just because I needed to finish it). But I did get myself a stick foundation just for the heck of it (and it was RM40, haha). Knowing what your shade is makes it easier. That, and the salesperson was telling me the shade I've been using is the right one for me.

From all appearances it seems that there's plenty of eyeshadows left, and everything else SEEMS to be pretty limited. You have to ask the sales assistants the availability of stuff.

Personally, not having Stila in Malaysia anymore is not such a huge loss for me because local prices are too expensive for me anyway (I could if I wanted, but not really). It's just too bad for the die-hard fans and the men and women who worked the counters over the years....

No comments:

Post a Comment