Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Productive" day in 1U

Samples I got:
  • Lancome's UV Expert Neuroshield (with SPF 50) (5ml)- should've printed out more of the coupon I used if I knew the person at the counter wasn't going to take down details (haha) - then again, she WAS busy with a customer... see how it goes.
  • Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash (what a mouthful) and Facial Fuel SPF 15 (in sachets) for the sibling. Just because they'll give you samples if you ask nicely :)
  • Shu Uemura's signature cleansing oil (sachets) after they show you how to use it.
(Major-ish) purchase:
  • Basic logo white baby tee from French Connection, which simply says: "fcuk". It's been a while since I last saw their basic (and perhaps a bit provocative?) tee shirts for girls. No discount, nothing. Got it because it's hard to find a white tee shirt that's not too transparent and thin.
Also bought myself a battery powered, handheld fan (RM9.80) from Action City for those hot, sweaty mornings.

Misc:
  • Got the voucher for 2 tickets to the MTV World Stage thing next month in Sunway Lagoon (for the heck of it, really) from the TicketXcess counter. I have to go down to Sunway Lagoon on the day itself to collect the actual tickets in order to go in. Last I checked the acts were Kasabian, All-American Rejects and local band Estranged. Here is Junk's piece on it. I admit, I've only heard (and like) only ONE song of theirs (I know, I know) from donkey years ago - Club Foot.
  • Got James McGee's Rapscallion (the latest in the Matthew Hawkwood series) from the OBCZ. Cool - been wanting to read it.
Got a Proton goodie bag from Jin, the (AFAIC) new hitz.fm DJ at a Proton roadshow that was happening for answering the question - how many wheels are there on a car. Here's roughly what happened...

Me: "Four",
Jin: "WRONG! Try again" (I knew he was messing with me, so I mess with him also la)
Me: "Five"
Jin: "Explain."
Me: "...plus steering wheel some more...?"

Then he called me lame, la la la... It went one for less than a minute and the other guy also helped me out and said there were six - the four wheels, spare tyre and steering wheel - they had to give it to me in the end anyway (I think I had managed to exasperate him, haha) - you asked stupid question, I give you stupid answer.


In case anyone's wondering - the bag contained a white (with yellow detail) Proton Neo CPS tee shirt (going to the sibling, as usual), notebook, tissue packet, and a brochure of the car.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment