This is not new news I know, but am I glad that the no-name, minimalist quality goods brand MUJI is finally opening its doors in Malaysia! Never mind that it's in Pavilion, but still...! And it's opening in April... yay!
I knew for a while that this was going to happen because there already was a Facebook Page for it for a long while now... (according to their timeline, since Oct 2010?) There's pictures of it online - that first store is located above the Royal Selangor store in Pavilion.
I don't know if I remembered going to the ones in Singapore, but I definitely made a point to check out the stores in Jakarta... to the point of acting a little jakun. Never mind the only thing I bought were these travel speakers.
I don't know about the variety of stuff made available here, only time would tell. At least if you wanted to buy something bulky like the acrylic storage items or anything larger but couldn't because of the hassle of carrying them across international borders, now you could get them locally. As always, I hope prices would be reasonable. Just saying.
Realistically speaking, there's probably not much in MUJI that would excite me too much - like how I'm not about to spend money on MUJI (non) branded stationery and items like that - you can get those cheaper elsewhere.
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment