Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Compleat Wrks of Wllm Shkspr

While I am not a fan of the Bard personally and glad I never had to study the man's work seriously for academic credit (Sonnet 18 for SPM doesn't exactly count), but when I heard that this show (The Compleat Wrks of Wllm Shkspr) is being staged here in KL, I knew I had to go see. 

From the KLPac website...
The Compleat Wrks of Wllm Shkspr (Abridged) is a parody of the 36 plays written by William Shakespeare with all of them being performed (in shortened form). Think of Monty Python, Malaysian style as you are admittedly entertained by live-action, improvisation and, highly-goofy antics by only three actors. 
The play was written by Adam Long, Daniel Singer, and Jess Winfield, former founding members of the Reduced Shakespeare Company, and first performed at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 1987 and later played at the Criterion Theatre in London, where it ran for nine record-breaking years. It has become one of the world’s most popular shows, playing frequently in a variety of languages. It is notable for holding the (self-proclaimed) world record for the shortest-ever performance of Hamlet, clocking in at 43 seconds. 
Featuring: Charles Donnelly, Kingsley Judd & Gavin Yap
Directed by: Joe Hasham OAM
It's playing at Pentas 2, KLPac from 21 - 25 March and in Penang from 29 March - 1 April.


If you haven't bought a ticket by now... well, since it's free seating at Pentas 2, it hardly matters. I bought my ticket early.

Check out the BFM interview here with director Joe Hasham (the "voice" of BFM :D) and Kingsley Judd.

No comments:

Post a Comment