Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 11, 2012

Weather in the Valley still erratic but not unusual. 
  • Harry Potter: The Exhibition in Singapore's ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands in a couple of months - now I have an excuse to go down south :P
  • Was relieved to get the new Kenneth Cole Reaction wallet I bought off eBay last weekend on Friday - I don't have to go through the hassle of non-receipt, etc.
  • Had to decline a media preview of The Compleat Wrks of Wllm Shkspr, which doesn't matter as I had already bought a ticket.
  • Won tickets to the Freakonomics preview screening, happening next week. 
  • The Valley-wide water disruption (which was announced last week) didn't really happened - they did the necessary maintenance work and people still got their water supply. No, we didn't get a water tank for this - Mum filled every empty vessel she could find. This might definitely hike up the water bill this month.
  • A little overwhelmed by the pictures of newborn babies popping up the last few weeks on Facebook. I hope the new parents realise that they have to start registering the kids at schools like, NOW with the Dragon baby craze.
  • Went back to Tropicana City Mall after a really long spell - there were more new places opened since the last time I was there.
  • After grousing about the lack of pig liver in hokkien mee, I finally had a plate with bits of pig liver... WOO! So sue me - it's the only internal organ I enjoy the texture of.
  • Interesting sight of the week: while having aforementioned hokkien mee in the very non-halal EAT Food Village in Publika, a Malay family was also having lunch at the next table. I thought they were just going to be there for the Chatime bubble drinks until they sat down with actual food and started tucking in. I wasn't sure if they're the very liberal Malays that you don't see enough of, or they didn't know EAT was not halal. I would like to think it's the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment