Friday, April 20, 2012

Goodbye, Eracer

I hate regular erasers. For some reason, my fingers could never get used to the block shape that they come in. Never mind that I still have cute erasers with the rest of them as a child, but I hated using the normal, cheap ones that you can get everywhere. 

Then when I was about 10 or 11, I got a Papermate Eracer and I was happy - it was in a form factor that I'm used to, it's not awkward to handle... I don't have to drop my pencil at any point to use it. Never mind that I can't play eraser games anymore, but it was a great thing to have around. I used it all through my schooling years, from primary to tertiary. 


Faber-Castell also had its own version, as well as their own refill. Although cheaper, I didn't like the strong latex smell.

I have mine, more than 15 years later.
The unused refill I bought 7 years ago.
Even though I really don't have an excuse to buy stationery as a student anymore, but I still like to check out the stationery section whenever I can.

But I noticed over the last year that the refills are nowhere to be found, so I asked Papermate Malaysia on their Facebook page if it had been discontinued. Sadly, it was confirmed to be true. 

So just in case, I found some Faber-Castell refills at a mom-and-pop shop in SS2 the other night and bought some. It may be the last place that still has them. Stocking up on them now is just stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment