Friday, December 28, 2012

[CONFIRMED] Mac Foundation Pump + EL Double Wear = Sweet!

I think I may have found my HG (beauty blogger parlance for "Holy Grail") foundation - Estee Lauder's Double Wear in 1W2 Sand 36. Thankfully, it only took a sampling exercise (two free sample sachets from the counter) to find that out. Admittedly not the cheapest bottle of liquid foundation ever, but if it means that I don't look like an Oompa Loompa, a Chinese opera singer or an actress in a regional soap, I'm all for it. (Back when I used to watch regional TV dramas, I like to point out to my grandmother how the ladies' make up was so thick, the colour on the face and neck don't match. I think it still happens today, especially the Indon ones). 

Other bloggers have complained about the screw top and the dispenser-less state, which I totally agree with. I had read on the interwebs that MAC's foundation pump fits the bottle nicely. I was all set to get one to see for myself, and I had the common sense to call ahead and ask the local MAC stores if they had it.

Let me save you the trouble and tell you: THEY DON'T BLOODY HAVE IT IN MALAYSIA ANYMORE. I had to ask a friend in Singapore to get one for me there and it's S$8. You're welcome.

Besides having to trim a few millimetres off  (not straight, but inverted U-shaped) so that it fits in the bottle, it also screws on nicely. Here's proof - 


See? No muss, no fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment