Saturday, February 2, 2013

I Haz MUJI Drawerz!

I've only bought mostly small(ish) items from MUJI to this point, like the portable speakers (which I liked), handheld shredder. You know, stuff I would have no problem bringing home if I saw them overseas. Never the larger/bulkier items (obviously). But this is my biggest purchase yet - a storage unit.

This particular one... only because I knew if I got this one (the narrower one?), it would literally stick out like a sore thumb. 

It's A4-paper sized, but it's slightly bigger than that, which works for me to get the mess that is my junk desk (I have junk drawers too, but yeah, some of the things made their way out..) a little out of sight. I still have stuff in the remaining space, but it's mostly stuff that I use most days and didn't want to have to move my laptop to get anything out of the drawers too much. 

Moved laptop to take this. Otherwise you'd only see 1/3 of it
Well okay, there was a CNY special (until 12 Feb) on the PP storage items (10% discount) and I had a RM10 prereward voucher from VISA (there was a lucky draw event downstairs where you just show them your VISA card [debit, credit or prepaid]; no purchase necessary, outside Metrojaya; I honestly don't remember where I first saw the news, but they're gonna be there for a couple more weeks) that you could use there. So from RM115, I ended up paying around RM94 - I know it's not that cheap, but it's MUJI and it's sho pwetty... I was only the second person to use those prereward vouchers there. The supervisor didn't take the RM10 out of my total and he had to void the first transaction :P

The Malay guy working at the MUJI store in Midvalley was a little useless - he told me that it was not available; luckily the Chinese guy who saw us went ahead and looked in the back and told me that they indeed had it (sweet!). He even brought out the single drawer one out for my consideration and I stood at an empty cashier counter for the longest time deciding if it would fit. He was so nice. 

Luckily this was the one time I drove, so I didn't have to lug it on public transport like an ass :P

No comments:

Post a Comment