Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kopi Luwak, Lonbay Coffee, Paradigm Mall [Groupon MY]

Been meaning to, but I forgot and I had emailed the pictures from my phone, yada yada yada...

Finally redeemed the Groupon for a taste of kopi luwak/civet coffee (let's just call it what it is - cat poop coffee) at Lonbay Coffee in Paradigm. It was a 11th hour redemption - doing it the day before the voucher expires :P Did you know kopi luwak is no longer the world's most expensive coffee? That title now belongs to elephant poop coffee in Thailand - okay, that's not what it's called, but it involves an animal's digestive system.

The Groupon was for a siphon of the stuff, which I didn't quite get until I saw this...

It was actually this doohickey.

If I remember correctly, you open one of these and pour it into the top of the siphon, add water let it boil over a few times, top up with water... and it's enough for three cups.

They're numbered O_o

Espresso-sized cups
I had to fill out a form. I guess it's a theft deterring device...?
Well, the taste was a bit wasted on me (I thought it was more tart than usual), but the sibling noticed the difference.

Luckily for me, it'll be the first and last time I'm having this, after reading about the ethical issues...

No comments:

Post a Comment