Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meatless Monday at Appu Uncle Curry House, Section 19

It was close to lunch time and I was out on errands, so decided to go to Appu Uncle Curry House for the heck of it. The thing was getting parking on a weekday afternoon; found one in the residential area behind the vegetarian restaurant. Almost got myself killed crossing the street :P

Wasn't sure if I could get roti (a lot of places only serve rice and goreng dishes for lunch), so I ended up getting basic banana leaf rice. Hey, at least I got actual banana leaf :D


I personally like the veg that came with the rice, but I totally spazzed and forgot to ask if they had fried bittergourd. It's probably just me, but I thought both the curries had a little too much santan in them (?!). The dhal doesn't seem too runny (I had some when they left the three way bucket with me), but I would have to bring the dhal connoisseur (aka the sibling) next time to corroborate. Was too cheap to order any of the fried protein, and I wanted to do Meatless Monday :P

I thought service was okay (guys kept asking if I needed anything); but I don't know if it's because I was there by myself or that I looked mighty sesat.




I guess I can't complain that the basic banana leaf rice is only RM5 (Kanna's is RM5.50). It's okay if you live/work around there. That said, the local Groupon office is just nearby... 

14, Jalan 19/3, Seksyen 19 (Rothman's roundabout), Petaling Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment