Friday, March 22, 2013

Chaiwalla & Co Honest Tea, JB

Was stuck at the JB town council lobby (which thankfully has free Wi-Fi to leech) and on the Foursquare app, when a notification popped up saying that there's a new coffee and tea place not too far from where I was. So what the heck, decided to make the trek over. 

I totally would have missed it if I didn't turn around because it is literally made of shipping containers (yes, it's an actual Container Cafe) on an empty parking lot. I don't think there's space in the Klang Valley for this kind of thing unless it's in the 'burbs someplace.

I didn't spend too much energy poring over the create-your-own-drink portion of the menu (but reminiscent of bubble tea places), but zoomed in on picking between Thai milk tea and Vietnamese coffee (there's also chai, but I'm not a fan) and had the former. Food choices are mostly things like chicken pies, etc. A Foursquare tip mentioned that the brownies are pretty good, so I got one to try. While it's to my liking (fudgy), but for RM3.80 for a tiny piece... that's up to you. There's also chrysanthemum tea on the menu, but I don't know how I feel paying so much for it personally. Better be damn good, that's all I could say.


So cute - looks like a nutrition label, haha..
Menu-wise: It's a cross between the bubble tea place and your usual cafe. 

Who says only KL/PJ have the hipster, indie coffee/tea joints? Downtown JB also got... I'd go back if I'm ever in the area.

Lot 2810, Tan Hiok Nee Street, 80000 Johore Bahru, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment