Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Foodirector Hangout #4 - Frontera Sol of Mexico, Jaya One

Found out about Foodirector when they were promoting the site at the food related fair at Midvalley late last year - signed up there and then for the heck of it. They've been having these weekly meetups called Foodirector Hangout at different places around the Klang Valley, which I know about from the emails, but I had to give the first few a miss as I had other stuff going on until this past weekend, which was at Frontera Sol of Mexico at Jaya One, a place I've walked past too many times to count and have only been once a few years ago.

I decided to go, expand my horizons a little, meet some new people, and not forgetting a free tasting of the Mexican Degustation Menu, which is for groups of 10 or more.

Watermelon Agua Fresca -
Not a fan of watermelon, but the lime juice makes up for it
Chips and guacamole - Cannot go wrong one.
Guacamole on sombrero-shaped tortilla.
Jalapeno Crab Cakes with Roasted Jalapeno Remoulade. 
Jicama salad - not on the regular menu
Chicken Enchilada
Baja style fish tacos
Prawn Chimichanga.
"Chimichanga" about as fun as saying "Titicaca"
Impossible Chocolate Flan
- Made with actual sweetened condensed milk :)
*also not on the regular menu
PS. If you have a PJ Live Arts ticket, you can use it to get BOGO margaritas, which I haven't been able to redeem as I'm always alone and downing two margaritas myself before driving home isn't really an option :P Whether that's still valid, I don't know - enlighten me, please :D

Thanks to Foodirector and Frontera for the opportunity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment