Monday, April 22, 2013

Masterchef Selebriti Malaysia... again

Second season of Masterchef Selebriti Malaysia started this last weekend with 19 local celebs competing for their various charities. NINETEEN people?! What the fish?! I'm sure these people are famous in their own way, I'm just not their target demographic. This is just me. 

Let's see how many of these people I recognised/know (by reputation or otherwise)...
  1. Datuk Aznil Haji Nawawi - Practically the local Ryan Seacrest; I remember him from when he co-hosted a game show way back when
  2. Sharifah Shahora - I remember her...
  3. Syanie Hisham - Bitch, please... who DIDN'T know Syanie?
  4. Rozita Che Wan (Che Ta) - The MILF who's in the local gossip rags for (currently) dating a younger man, NAMELY...
  5. Zain Saidin - According to Wikipedia, he's related to Sasha (her Twitter profile confirms this), who was a member of Elite, the Malaysian Spice Girls. Explains the strong resemblance :P 
  6. Micheal Ang - Don't know who he is, but he seems bitchy entertaining on screen. Hope he sticks around long enough.. From all appearances, seem to be this season's Azwan Ali and token Chinese dude of the season.
  7. Norish Karman - Nope. I think I'm confusing her with some other people... Like the green in the hair.
  8. Radhi OAG - Leave a comment if you still remember this song. Don't think they even do English songs anymore these days...
  9. Sathiya - I remember.
  10. Kenchana Devi - I don't know who she is, but she's freaking hilarious. I hope she sticks around.
  11. Celina Khor - I have to give props to any Chinese person who can speak fluent Malay. Her, and Janet Khoo. Seems pretty competant around food and kitchen equipment. Token Chinese lady of the bunch.
  12. Afiq Muiz - Dunno who. After my time. 
  13. Cat Farish - Ehh?! 
  14. Yassin Yahya - Wasn't he one of the Senario guys? Correct me if I'm wrong :P
  15. Aliza Abdullah (Enot) - The other plus sized lady this season besides Syanie. 
  16. Sabhi Sadhi - I don't know who this is. 
  17. Lydiawati - It's been awhile... 
  18. Keroz Nazri - Entah. 
  19. Syura - Nope.
I thought I would only recognise/know of a handful of these people, but less than two handsful also not too bad lah. At least this season's cast is more diverse than the first season where they several more token non-Malay celebs to fill some implied quota. 

I've only seen two of the week's episodes - the first Mystery Box challenge was a new one (to me): the boxes had no ingredients except for pictures of a fellow cast member, randomly chosen. They must cook a dish they think the other person (who's picture they got in the box) would like/eat. At least the producers didn't give Che Ta and Zain pictures of each other, which would've been too easy and way too obvious.

This is one of those shows that families of different generations can sit and watch together. I know my mother's entertained by the Indian lady and her talking heads.

Here's hoping for an entertaining season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment