Thursday, April 25, 2013

Paul Ogata 2013 Unbecredible World Tour

Bought a ticket weeks ago online and had already collected my ticket days before. I wonder how many shows to go before the RM50 new application fee for the LIVE CARD pays for itself (the RM5 discount off these tickets doesn't hurt). I hope sooner than later.

No thanks to the rain, I left home sooner and was glad I did, as it took me nearly half an hour crawling the short distance of Jalan Universiti from the Rothmans traffic junction. And while I was waiting to turn into SS2, I realised that I forgot my phone and wallet, but I couldn't turn around for them. Luckily there was enough change in the car to scrape up for parking and I didn't get pulled over by police or be in a situation where I would need wallet or phone.

I probably didn't have to rush because I found out later that the guys performing were also stuck in traffic, which left me with plenty of time to use the ladies. But the foyer was getting pretty crowded, and having it be open seating was not a great choice because people rushed in as soon as the doors were open. I got stuck behind a tall guy, and had to move the seat unto the aisle (I was already on an aisle seat) so I could see better. An auntie a couple rows down also did a same after a tall uncle was sitting in front of her.

The show kicked off half an hour later than the posted time. Host Dr Jason did his few minutes. Even though I had heard some of it before, I still laughed. Then he brought on the one-liner comedian, Brian Tan, who's comedy might be a little deep for some of the audience because of the delayed reactions. But still hilarious.

Pro tip: If you're offered front row seats and you rather not be part of the comedy show you're at, DECLINE. Here's why..

Paul comes on and halfway into his set, did the audience interaction bit by interacting with the Belgian guy in the front row (his party was offered those seats by Rizal van Geyzel earlier, which I guess were reserved for some people *coughharithcough*). Couldn't tell how much of a sport he was, but if it was me, I probably wouldn't be which is why I rather sit at the back. That aside, his hour long set was really hilarious - he made fun of everyone and everything. Not surprisingly, his Singapore bits got great reception from the audience.

There's another show tonight at Zouk in KL - you should go if you can get tickets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment