Sunday, May 19, 2013

AB-JIT-CATION

One of the things I was wondering when I first heard about AB-JIT-CATION was the really early time slot of 7 p.m.. But since it's a Sunday and most people don't have to worry about work, let alone rush hour, it's really no big deal. There was a crowd but it wasn't filled once we got seated. I probably could've moved and no one would've noticed. 

If the title didn't clue you in, this show was basically his swan song as a standup comic (doesn't mean he's not doing other stuff). As much as he tried to lighten the mood with the odd line or two throughout, it was still pretty grim. For a swan song, I thought it was (yes, I'll say it) a tad underwhelming.

If this was indeed his last as standup comedian (using the term loosely here), oh well. His shows will be a highlight of my 20s, or late teens really, since I remember I was still in college when I first saw him back when Actors Studio was still in BSC. 

Man, I feel old. 

Of course if he goes and does a Cher, I would be pissed. 

Since it was only about an hour long (or less, depending on how you saw it) and finished around 8 p.m., I had time to go home, take a third shower and watch Masterchef Selebriti Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment