Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Stacks Sandwiches, Tropicana City Mall

Noticed Stacks Sandwiches the last few times I was at Tropicana City Mall, but as I'm only usually there after dinner, I made the mental bookmark to go when I'm there during the day. Long story short, I found myself wandering there one day for lunch and I was like, "Eh, why not?"

It's outside the Jatomi entrance and the decor is reminiscent of the 1950s American diner. What's missing was the cast of Grease.

They had weekday lunch specials which I had no compunction going for - free drink with every sandwich purchase. Since it was a few weeks ago, I can barely remember now the exact name of the sandwich: all I remembered was that it was chicken and it had pesto in it. As someone who doesn't usually have pesto, I thought the sandwich was not bad, but could do with less sauce and condiments as everything spilled out when I pressed down to bite. I thought I might have trouble finishing it, but I didn't. The unseasoned (if any, I must've missed it) chips on the side added a nice crunch to the meal.

But it was an interesting change from the rice/noodle/chain meals or even Subway (which was upstairs...). I'd go back to try some of the other items.

No comments:

Post a Comment