Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chawan, Citta Mall

(This was during the 'rents recent vacation some weeks ago, so it was one of a bunch of meals I had outside; yes, I finally found the mood to write about it)

Met for lunch with a friend, and I suggested the Chawan at Citta Mall instead of the one in Bangsar because of the parking situation. It's one of those places that I always walk past in Bangsar, but never stopped in because I'm never in the area during meal times. It's just one of those things. 

And yes, it's also one of those places where the nasi lemak with fried chicken comes highly recommended, so what the heck. I also didn't realise that they had a list of coffees that come from different states, so it took awhile for me to choose.


Despite the disclaimer in the menu that it would take some time (to fry the chicken), the nasi lemak came pretty quickly (or rather, within the stated time frame). For the price, I say getting an entire leg of chicken was not a bad thing. And they had the decency to ask beforehand if I wanted leg or breast meat. Sambal was pretty racist - I don't remember it being spicy, if at all. Or perhaps it was the sparkling conversation that made me forget it. I don't know. Rest of it was pretty good, though.

My only reason for going back would be to try the rest of the coffee selection they have on the menu..

No comments:

Post a Comment