Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Standing Theory, SS2

Decided to drop by Standing Theory in SS2 after reading about it on the interwebs. Being local, it wasn't too hard to find because I used to drive past the area back when the SS2 to Section 17 shortcut was possible (haven't done it too much with the boom gate nonsense these days). There was no parking to be found around the shop, but I did do the one cheapskate thing I could do in that situation: park in the residential area. It was only a short walk. At least I didn't have to pay parking. There were some older people, that's just about it. It could be because it was in the middle of the work week..

If you're there during the week between 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., they have a RM13 brunch set, which consists of Viet NA Mees (cold noodle salad with Vietnamese flavours), serve with black coffee / tea / ice lemon sky; if you fancy a different espresso-and-milk drink, you just top up another RM2. Being me, of course I ordered a mocha (which was RM13 I think). Not the cheapest meal if you grew up in the area, but at least this is for food AND drink.

I  don't t know what gave me the impression that it was gonna be pho, but instead I got a cold, light noodle salad with some pork pieces. A nice, light lunch, you can say.


I just started tossing the thing together when the server came with the dressing that she forgot to give the first time. I was beginning to wonder if it was supposed to be so dry :P

The mocha itself was drinkable - hint of chocolate, not too bitter. The little cookie on the side reminded me of Famous Amos's no nut chocolate chip cookie. 


If I remember to go back again, it will definitely be to try the other stuff on the menu; I heard a lot about the waffle and the pork sandwich. Whether I will, is another matter.

26, Jalan SS2/103, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment