Saturday, December 17, 2016

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Spoilerific]

Spoilers abound. You've been warned. If you don't care, carry on...

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't exactly planning to watch Rogue One. But when someone has a spare free ticket, you also don't decline said invitation. Even if it's in a mall you usually don't go to on weekends under most circumstances (Pyramid). I went in cold, but not before finding out if there's stingers.

I've also already lost track of how many movies Felicity Jones is in this year - she was also in Inferno and that other movie where she plays a mum dying from cancer. A bit the Felicity Jones overload. 

For the non die hards, this movie is basically Episode 3.5 in the Star Wars chronology: the whole movie is about the Rebels trying to steal the (first) Death Star's schematics. 
  • The kid really looks like a young Felicity Jones. 👍
  • He looks pretty good for a dead guy :P
  • Wah, they even brought back 19-year old Carrie Fisher.
  • Here's the MAJOR SPOILER: Everyone you see in the freaking poster dies. I wish I was joking, but it's true. EVERYBODY FREAKING DIED.
  • Even the freaking droid died. 
  • Ok, I don't remember if Jimmy Smits's character survived or not...
  • I laughed so hard when the dad (Mads Mikkelsen) died. I can't really explain it, I have this thing about laughing at the most inopportune movie moments. 
  • Seriously, there is NO way that guy survived falling down, hitting all those beams on the way down, get up, CLIMB BACK OUT, make his way to the elevator (ok, the elevator made me laugh too), to rescue her... #justsaying
  • I always forget that in Star Wars, the dad figures die.
It's 2 hours, 13 minutes long. I thought that time could be shaved off/down by a bunch, but that's just me. I also managed to last the entire movie without a pee break, haha.

In case anyone's wondering, there's no stingers. Why? Because it's a motherfucking Star Wars movie, not a Marvel movie. Besides, after 2 hours and 13 minutes, there really is no need for one...

No comments:

Post a Comment