After many months of media coverage of way too many primaries than I care to care about, Barack Obama beat out Mrs Hillary Clinton and is the Democratic nominee for the 2008 race for the presidency against old man McCain.
So much for having first female president.
But (potentially) having the first black president is pretty big, too.
They might be running mates. *shrug* If anything happens, it'll be like real life version of Commander in Chief.
Much as I've nothing against an educated, eloquent, and young(ish) black guy (really!) with "Hussein" for a middle name being POTUS (President of the United States), but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if YET another old white guy got voted into office.
After all, this is (more or less) the same voting public that voted in Dubya not once, but TWICE.
The young voters had better do their part in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment