Saturday, November 1, 2008

Big Shots

Last year there was a writer's strike, which went on for several months.

Which was unfortunate for the year's crop of new shows because their debut seasons had to be truncated. So did every other show except for reality programming.

Most of the shows that debuted last year got renewed for second seasons: Chuck, Dirty Sexy Money, Reaper...

And then there were the shows that didn't get renewed for another season (or in other words, got the can): Bionic Woman, Cashmere Mafia, etc.

And then there's Big Shots, which is like the guy version of either Lipstick Jungle or Cashmere Mafia OR... Sex in the City.

Personally, I didn't even know about the existence of this show until it premiered on NTV7 last weekend and I missed some of it as I was in Langkawi at the time.

As a rule, I never watch or follow any show that's been cancelled after a season or less, but I can't help but watch this one. Why?

DYLAN-FRIKKING-MCDERMOTT IS IN IT!!


I have not seen the guy since The Practice, or even more (err) recently, The Mistress of Spices with Aishwarya Rai (Google it).

Okaylah, there's also that guy from Alias, that other guy from The West Wing (I KNEW I saw him from some other show) and Christopher Titus of that eponymously-titled show Titus (I like his standup more than the show).

They all play professionally successful guys with somewhat screwed up personal lives: one is trying to pry his psycho mistress away from his wife (who doesn't know about the extramarital affair), one guy had his wife cheat on him with HIS boss, another guy is trying to hide his brief fling with a pre-op transgendered prostitute (reminds me of the Hugh Grant brouhaha), and the last guy is trying to balance his work and personal life, with some humour ensued (there's a scene where he gets a Boyzilian...need I say more?)


I'm just gonna watch it for the eye-candy until the 11-episode run is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment