Monday, November 24, 2008

Why I Don't Want to Read nor Watch Twilight

Twilight the movie is finally out.

I vaguely know of the books that it's based on.

Here's what I know about the books or the movies based on the buzz I've seen and heard so far and Wikipedia articles:
  • They're written by a Mormon housewife.
  • It's about human-vampire relationship - it's been done before... hellllooo, Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Angel? (I won't mention that new HBO show True Blood officially, but you get the drift)
  • The leading guy is played by the same guy who played the character (Cedric Diggory) who died prematurely in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Robert Pattinson. (I thought the eyebrows looked vaguely familiar... :P)
Will I ever watch the movie or read the books? I don't think so, because...
  • The female protagonist Bella Swan sounds damn pathetic by today's standards of feminism.
  • Robert Pattinson is NOT someone I would pay to watch.
  • Harry Potter's more than enough for me.
  • Has anyone seen these books in bookstores? They're like BRICKS - all four of them: they're the size of the last Harry Potter book EACH.
  • Let's face it, the series already sounds annoying even before you begin to read them.
Although I heard from the Slate's Spoiler Specials podcast that the movie's better than the books because the former cuts through the book's BS. (Not a direct quote, more of a reframe on my part).

No comments:

Post a Comment