Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Malaysian Christmas

What do you do on Christmas day when you don't celebrate and have the time to kill in Malaysia?

You head to the mall.

Tagged along back to 1U with fyee, who wanted to check out the sale at Zara. I'll go if I don't have to drive, haha.

So when we got there, traffic was a little bad (not too terrible) and they were diverting everyone to the open air car park near the new wing, and the only way you'd get parking inside if you're a ONEcard member. Making use of mine, we U-turned and went up. Fortunately we decided to go around before committing to the Preferred Parking (RM2) and found a spot near an entrance - woo hoo! No need to pay extra!

Zara sale was a bit of a bust - long lines and people everywhere. And as usual, I didn't see anything I like. Actually, the whole mall was like that - a lot of people everywhere. I know that's an understatement.

Lunch was at New York New York! (later found out it's a Singaporean franchise) which I guessed opened over the last couple of days or something as it still wasn't opened the last time I walked past last week. Lucky we decided to share the food and got an order of Freedom Fries with Sour Cream and Cheese (bad - the topping looked a little disgusting, like over-whipped cream) and a Buffalo Chicken pizza (which wasn't bad - but there's no sign of the Buffalo sauce or anything representing buffalo wings and/or chicken - either that, or we got someone else's pizza).

Decor and all was pretty interesting, but the service was a tad slow - couldn't get the server's attention or to pay the bill for nuts (the thought of skipping out was there, but only if we didn't frequent the place as much as we do). But I wouldn't rule it out completely - which is why I don't really like to try out restaurants that had just opened.

Only major thing that pissed me off was that the management hired a bunch of hired help that don't seem to understand English and you had to order by number and not by name. Like that might as well do like Old Town White Coffee only lah...

I'd give a few more months before I go back again for them to work out the kinks.


Didn't stay too long after that - bought some egg tarts and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment