Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Actors Studio Bangsar is closing : (

[Been meaning to get to this, but there were other things I needed to get out of the system, so now here I am.]

After 8 years in Bangsar Shopping Centre (really? feels like longer), The Actors Studio(TAS) is closing its doors for good on 28 February.

I haven't been back there in a while, but it is sad news. TAS @ BSC has been THE place for theatre not just for me, but to everyone else who hasn't been to Plaza Putra pre-flood. I thought with the renovations going on, TAS might get something of a makeover as well; I wasn't expecting an eviction.

From what I've been reading, there's no clear cut reason as to why they're closing (get this month's copy of Time Out KL for the story so far).
To mark its final days, they will be having four nights of stand-up comedy and music by Harith Iskander, Afdlin Shauki, Douglas Lim, Indi Nadarajah, Monti and Logi, The Young KL Singers and more.

Admission is free except on 28 February (charity performance night).
All I DO know is that I want to go there one last time before it goes out...

Much as I know I will miss the place (now I really don't have much reason to go back to BSC after this), I'm sure that where ever TAS ends up, it'll be better for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment