Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - Lunch at The Lawn, KLCC

Headed to KLCC in the morning to check a few things out. Saw a lot of things, fortunately didn't buy as much - only bought new pair of Lewre shoes that I needed for work (30% off at Parkson, which I had to swipe as I couldn't withdraw money from the ATM and Mum's stuff from Guardian ate up most of my liquid cash on my person).

Decided to have lunch at The Lawn by Marmalade - one of those places that I've been meaning to try. Plus, I didn't feel like going through the crowd at the food court. Took advantage of the set meal promotion (RM15.90 for any main course and an iced lemon tea) and decided to try their Groovy Caesar salad as that's all I was in the mood for in the first place. I mean, you can't possibly screw up Caesar's salad, right? Not here anyway, where it's not served table side or with raw eggs in the dressing like it's supposed to.

Groovy Caeasar salad (RM16) - usual stuff with the greens, (beef) bacon bits, croutons (looks home made), wedges of hard boiled eggs (tad overdone, by the looks of the slight green ring outside the yolk), etc. The only thing that seperates this from just the run of the mill Caesar's salad is the presence of prawns - three of them, haha. Can't help but think that they didn't use actual Caesar dressing as it tasted a little...off. On the plus side, it comes to you already tossed and the amount of dressing is just nice, which is great because I can't stand overdressed salads. The portion's also just nice for me at the time.

Interesting use of these candles - as order numbers.

By the time I was done with lunch I was ready to go home, so I didn't try any of the desserts that they're supposed to be known for. Next round lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment