Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All male production of The Importance of Being Earnest

There's an all male production of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest currently showing down in Singapore. An "international", all-male production with the cast from Singapore, Malaysia and the UK.

Normally I wouldn't mention it except that it answered my question of what happened to Gavin Yap and Zahim Albakri. Since I heard of a Zahim sighting down there in the last week on Facebook, I got curious since it's been a long while since I last saw any of them on stage here in KL. Now I know.

Frankly I wasn't that surprised that Gavin's cast as Cecily. Come on, the guy is not that tall, pretty fair and has long, dark hair. If I had given that description without a name it would've been a fair description of some cheena leng mui.

No comments:

Post a Comment