Monday, March 30, 2009

Discovery Channel logo change

(Excuse the pointlessness, but I had to get it out of the system)

If you've been watching Astro's Channel 551, or otherwise known as the
Discovery Channel, you would've noticed these spots about the major change which happened on Sunday, 29 March 2009. One would think that it's a change in lineup or maybe Mythbusters is finally ending (CHOI!!), but no. The spots merely announce the change of logo. A bit anticlimatic and a waste of time and money on their part.

I would've been a beeettt more excited if I hadn't already seen the new logo from watching the latest Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs (shows you at least have to watch on Discovery) stateside. I guess it takes the South East Asian version of the Discovery Channel to adopt the "new" logo...

Old logo - admittedly so, as it's the only one I've seen on Astro...

The new logo, which is more sans serif and a bit erm, streamlined.


Honestly, it's a bit of an overkill (for lack of better term). You had to be BLIND not to notice the change. Anyhow, it's about time I see the new logo on Astro lah...

No comments:

Post a Comment