Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reading update

Finished another blook, this time it's Kyle MacDonald's One Red Paperclip: The Story of How One Man Changed His Life One Swap at a Time. Got started reading this one (at least) a couple of years after the hype. Nice to read/catch up in book form. Check out the blog here (they're finally trading the house as of last June).

I might've vaguely heard about the the game back in its hey day, but that was ages ago.

While I liked the basic premise (swap up from a lone red paperclip to a house), but I don't understand the point of having the bits of text in between each chapter (which describes a particular trade).

Fun book to read, but I don't think I'm keeping it.

Currently reading Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Hugh Fearlessly Eats It All.

Speaking of books and reading, the KL Alternative Bookfest (KLAB) is coming back for a second round on the weekend of 9 and 10 May from 12 - 8 p.m. at The Annexe Gallery in Central Market. Not sure if the Bookcrossing group wants in or not this year as it hasn't been terribly active since before last Puasa (it's been that long), but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's got a mountain of books to offload to people, so... see how it goes lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment