Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Why I Should Boycott Bones, and Why I Can't.

Bones is one of those shows I don't mind watching on Malaysian TV because I've too many shows to download and watch as it is and I don't mind watching it behind those United States.

The show is supposed to be very loosely based on the life of forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs (who's also got producer credits), and Dr. Temperance Brennan is the protagonist in the books that the former writes. You could find out what it's about on Wikipedia; I can't be arsed to explain here, it'd take too long.

Anyway, if you've seen at least an episode of the show, you would know that the show seems to be against two things: psychology and religion. The religion debates happen just about every other episode at least.

In the third season, they threw in psychologist
Dr Sweets, in the mix to counsel the leads; the guy ends up as a series regular in the fourth season for (the most part) comic relief as the poor dude gets insulted by the rest in quite a bit. As a degree holder in psychology, I should be at the very least be a little mad and swear off the show.

The thing is, it's one of the funnier crime shows that I've ever seen. Every cast member has their funny moments in every episode. I even enjoy watching Stephen Fry's guest appearances as Booth's FBI-appointed therapist. (I'm still hoping for a Fry and Laurie reunion, either on Bones or on House, it doesn't matter.)

And there's really not much else for me to watch on Mondays at 8.30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment