It's been confirmed this morning that Russell Peters will be performing on 12 May at Stadium Malawati in Shah Alam. Nothing yet about ticket prices (it was just announced), but I expect details to emerge pretty soon. By making a stop in Malaysia, I give the man props for putting the "world" in "world tour".
Dear performers,
If you're not stopping in Malaysia, you CANNOT call it a "world tour".
Dear performers,
If you're not stopping in Malaysia, you CANNOT call it a "world tour".
Disgruntled Malaysians.
I did not expect Shah Alam to host a comedian like him in a million years, so either the PKR government (and maybe the Sultan) has a sense of humour but knows they also need the money, or the people at DBKL are a bunch of prudes. I don't think there are any indoor stadiums in PJ big enough to accommodate the show anyway, so fine.
The good news is that it's a Saturday; the bad news is that it's a dry town so there's no alcohol to be bought anywhere in Shah Alam (for real?). Not really, I was thinking how if I would be on my way back from Kota Bharu that day. Now pondering on whether to fly back instead so I don't rush the 'rents and the grandmother because knowing them, they would be making some detours before they make it back to PJ. I don't know why they want to torture themselves by DRIVING all the way to Kota Bharu, which is (at least) a 7 hour drive. Knowing them and if I'm still going, I'm going to be stuck driving.
I'll wait for ticketing details first. I don't mind going, but I don't really want to go alone, so...
Update: Tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 18th from 9 a.m. on ticketpro.com.my & airasiaredtix.com. Still nothing about the prices.
13/4/2012 - Ticket prices from RM128, RM188, RM248, RM338, RM438. I salute anyone who would shell out the RM438, because it clearly won't be me.
No comments:
Post a Comment