Saturday, April 20, 2013

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt 2 at MBO Cinema

Been curious about the MBO (another local but smaller cineplex chain which mostly serve the smaller towns) at CITTA Mall, but having heard that ticket and concession prices are more expensive than the others, and I had other options. Then they announced a free ticket promotion for certain movies, one of them being the last Twilight movie for today. So what the heck - filled out the flyer form and collected two passes for the 2.30 p.m. screening. 

The only good thing about a not-so popular cineplex is that it wasn't very crowded and even though Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 was on Saturday, I could still choose and collect passes a few days before. It was free seating. This was the first time in forever watching a movie on a weekend.

Fast forward to today: Got there after the Times warehouse sale in Subang, I still had time for lunch before. Most cineplexes are crowded on weekends, here... not so much, I wonder why :P The hall where they were screening it was SO FAR from the entrance and so remote, it's easily several hundred paces there and back.  I know, I know - put up or shut up since I don't have to pay to watch it...? I raced an Indian guy to get middle of the back row twin seating so that I could stretch out like I do on the train back home sometimes. 

With the books and movies effectively done and dusted, no spoiler alerts. But here's what I thought while I was watching this:
  • Huh. That explains what she/they did about Charlie and how they explained Renesmee to him :P I think Charlie knew his kid's a vampire.
  • Watching Lee Pace (from Pushing Daisies) as a Twilight vampire was really distracting.
  • Michael Sheen as Volturi big kahuna Aro was really hilarious.
  • The computer animated infant Renesmee is really creepy looking.
  • The kid they found to play Renesmee is crazy adorable.
  • Dakota Fanning only said one word (literally) the entire movie. 
  • Some people look constipated using their powers. Won't say who.
  • Give them props for including cast members from the previous movies in the end credits.

Some of the movie did crack me up. It was alright for what it was. But unless I'm not paying for it, neither will I likely go back to MBO again in the near future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment