Tuesday, September 29, 2026

In-N-Out Burger Pop-Up (2026 edition)

It's been a number of years since I last went for one of these. I think there was one more time since the 2018 pop-up, but I wasn't feeling it then, I think? It was also gonna be at Strangers at 47, and I know where that is, LOL. 

Like the last time I went, this was also announced the day before it seems (I saw the announcement from local KOLs in my algorithm while doom-scrolling in the middle of the night, while all bleary-eyed, hours before). Also kind of needed a distraction from work, anyway. 

Since it wasn't that far from me (less than 20 minutes drive) and the posts were like, it starts from 11 a.m., I figured I'd get there so that I would be in line after 10 a.m., and I didn't have to be in line that long. 

Like last time, I parked across the road and walked (not that lazy lah, also could stand to walk off the meal afterwards). Got there just before 10 a.m. This time they had people line up in serpentine form right outside the store, and unto the street so that their neighbours weren't blocked. 

Surprisingly, I think they started early (or for the media, I dunno cos I saw some influencers/KOLs go in early), but the line was moving briskly. I was probably in line less than half an hour? I heard that this time it was gonna be 500 portions. 



If you got this, means got burger for you. 
Also to be returned to the cashier, so..

So colour me surprised when I found myself in the door, got the swag (pic below), and standing in front of the cashier earlier than expected. Got a burger sticker (pic below) from the young angmo lady when she overheard me tell the cashier that it wasn't my first time, but it's been awhile. Faced with decision paralysis, the cashier suggested I go for the Double-Double set, which I kind of regretted since it was only potato chips and choice of either (canned) Coke, Coke Zero, and 7Up. I wouldn't mind paying the extra RM10 if it was fries and fountain drinks, but I guess they were going for efficiency. Last I checked, Strangers at 47 is not a burger restaurant, so they wouldn't have deep fryers and soda dispensers unlike say, MyBurgerLab. At least they allowed credit card payment this time round, but no AMEX (we got to find out together). Oh wells. 

Got the Double-Double set

I guess having only chips and canned drinks worked in their favour, cos they would only have to focus on the burgers. 

The merch table was off to the side, but that one only accepted e-wallet payment. IIRC there were t-shirts, lunch totes, maybe mugs, and two choices of socks. Maybe there was more. NGL, I was still dithering on the what size t-shirt to get when my order was called out, so they had to put my order down on the nearest table. Xandria Ooi and her husband thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of my meal, for some reason. Ended up spending RM55 on a t-shirt and an insulated lunch tote. It's cheaper than a plane ticket to the States. 

Because some people had their orders to go, finding a place to sit for dine-in wasn't hard. But I found myself faced with eating a burger set before 11 a.m. (not even for the first time this year). Call it brunch? The burger was messy to eat, but decent. The chips and drink was nothing to write home about. As usual, left one bite of bun there cos I cannot by then. 

Had to get merch la

The swag for the early birds (?)
Dunno if everyone afters got these, but..
Paper cap, lanyard, keychain, and stickers.

All in all, I was probably In-N-Out (pun very much intended) for about an hour, tops. Probably less. Skedaddled very quickly as I saw the queue get longer outside. That meal lasted the rest of the day. 

PS. Talk about history repeating itself - I checked the other t-shirt I got the first time, and it was also a Small. So now I got two Small-sized In-N-Out tee shirts, in black and white, but different prints. In my defense, the M was significantly larger. At least I know I cannot get away with XS then, and I lagi cannot now. Last I checked, the Small fit ok on me, just maybe a bit snug? The M would've fit like a Uniqlo oversized t-shirt on me, tbh. 

PPS. Saw online later that people were lining up for up to 2 hours in the sun as the day went on, and it was only for a few hours. Hot damn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment