Saturday, January 3, 2009

Random shit

  • Goofy cousin got straight As for PMR. Even his parents think it's a fluke - and his dad made a deal with him to pay RM1000 for each A (there were other stipulations) - ha ha. Like I always say around exam results time: Either kids are getting smarter or the exams are getting waay too easy. Hmm.

  • Called the nearby Perodua service/parts centres about a replacement door handle on my day off. Long story short: No such luck in the Valley, but the guy who took the call in Puchong was willing to order it from Johore for me, but to drive to Puchong.... Finally got through the Glenmarie centre, but they had too much red tape for my liking: must make appointment lah, 50% deposit (for dunno what), can only order the part from the 12th lah.... troublesome lah. When asked how much was the actual part, Puchong guy told me that it's RM12.70, which was okay lah. Glenmarie told me that it was RM30 something (O_o), but to be fair I did ask if they knew off the top of their heads and they probably didn't check, so... hmm. Now we wait and see how long can my mum take having to open another door to get into the driver's seat.

  • Lunch at Kayu (Aman Suria) with friend Ivan today (whom I catch up with every few months or so). My plan was to have paper thosai, but that didn't work out because they don't do thosai at that hour (WHY?!), so had to settle with mamak style fried kuey teow instead. It was nice catching up and gossiping. Was needlessly caught on the inexplicable jam on the LDP as we went through the back door way to the place. At least I know of an alternative route now and learnt something new today :)

  • Kate Walsh is divorcing. Hmm. Didn't expect to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment