Sunday, August 11, 2013

Week 32, 2013/Long Raya Weekend

How was everyone's 4 day weekend (or longer)? Singapore's also got one because their National Day is on Friday. Besides, Me + Long car trip + holiday time traffic congestion = no bueno.

Day 1 (Thursday): Drove down, parked at Menara Standard Chartered (RM5 flat rate), made my way on foot to Sungei Wang (haven't been for quite some time now; it's brighter now thanks to the gradual renovation works) by way of Pavilion, Fahrenheit 88, and Lot 10. You wouldn't want to be with me when I do this. Traffic downtown was so-so, but also not cray cray or sadistic enough to drive along Jalan Bukit Bintang. Also bought ticket to one of the Urbanscapes satellite shows. 

Day 2 (Friday): Home catching up on The Daily Show with the crappier than usual home connection. The sibling blames me for streaming, I'm looking at him for the torrenting - same difference, really :P As it's the sibling's birthday, he wanted a steak dinner at the new Coliseum outlet nearby, but ended up at the old one when we saw the line outside the former. Let's just say we won't be going back anytime soon.

Day 3 (Saturday): Second home. Lost the ONECARD again - le sigh. Only paid for the replacement because I wanted to leave and I had tapped in earlier.

Day 4 (Sunday): Telawi. Finally checked out the recently opened Tous Le Jours. Had a slice of chocolate cheese cake which had a macaron on top, but otherwise really tiny for its price tag with a (non-boozy) orange mojito to wash it down in this weather. I still prefer Komugi's half baked cheese ones. Not having tasted actual bread product, I'm not sure if I would go back again; one is just paying for the so-called "ambiance". 

No comments:

Post a Comment